Reading is one of the most fun and influential activities for a child. However, every children’s book can’t end with happily ever. Sometimes it’s about what the child learns along the way. Every parent has their go-to book, but there are plenty of remarkably well written and illustrated children’s books coming out yearly. Here are the top five new children’s books with meaningful messages that will pull at even the parent’s heartstrings.
- Care for Our World by Karen Robbins– Care for Our World teaches one of the most powerful messages a child can learn and that is to take care of planet earth and all of its inhabitants. The message from this book never goes out of style and can be passed on from generation to generation. As they turn the pages, the child will travel from country to country learning about all of the playful animals and life that make up our planet.
- Spaghetti in a Hot Dog Bun by Maria Dismondy– Children will love the story of charismatic Lucy and her favorite meal at lunch time. The title may be less than serious but the contents touch on some very important life lessons for children of all ages, including bullying and being compassionate in the face of adversity.
- Superheroes Are Everywhere by Kamala Harris– Superheroes will never go out of style but Superheroes Are Everywhere dives a little further into the superhero craze and teaches children that superheroes are in fact all around them. This book is written by district attorney and United States Senator Kamala Harris who discovered that all it takes to be a superhero is believing in yourself. Children will follow along Kamala’s journey and learn the same message. This book is filled with empowering life lessons that even adults can relate to.
- All the Ways to be Smart by Davina Bell– All the Ways to be Smart comes from the award-winning duo Davina Bell and Allison Colpoys. This book is as beautifully illustrated as it is written, teaching children that they are all special and unique despite what standardized tests or feedback may say about them. There is a special talent that resides in each child and that message is loud and clear in this book.
- Juno Valentine and the Magical Shoes by Eva Chen– Children won’t know who Instagram Superstar and fashion editor Eva Chen is but, they will want to know Juno Valentine star of the first book from Chen. Children will step into the iconic shoes of powerful women in time and history, along with Juno Valentine, and learn what it means to be a powerful individual. The past and present collide as Juno fills the shoes of women such as Cleopatra, Frida Kahlo, Lady Gaga and Serena Williams. Juno Valentine teaches how to dress the part as much as she teaches how to fill the role.