Making healthy dinners for the entire family is difficult. With all of our busy schedules, we need to maximize the time we have. Here are 5 useful kitchen gadgets to make healthy meals easier.
1) The Crock Pot: The best thing about the crock pot? It cuts out many of those time consuming recipe steps. Simply chop your meat and veggies (or buy pre-cut to save even more time), toss all of the ingredients into the crockpot in the morning, and dinner is ready for you when you get home in the evening.
2) A Ninja (or other multi-blade blender): Chopping vegetables is one of the most time consuming steps in meal preparation, the Ninja cuts this time in half. Simply toss your veggies in, and the Ninja will chop them for you, in a matter of seconds. An added benefit: the single serve blenders make smoothies in seconds.
3) A Panini or other sandwich press: For a quick, hot dinner sandwich, all you need is: a few slices of bread, veggies, and a protein. Layer your sandwich, press it together and just like that: dinner is served!
4) A rice cooker: This machine can cook enough rice, or other grains for the entire week. Make enough rice to use as a side dish for all your meals, or pair rice with protein and veggies for a different meal.
5) An indoor grill: Grilling is a very healthy way to cook. Using a grill ensures no nutrients are lost, and unwanted fat drips right off. Throw some fish or low fat meat on the grill, add potatoes or veggies and viola! you have yourself a healthy, low fat meal.
With these 5 gadgets, you are on your way to a healthy meal, every night!